We've got so much going on here at Altrusa of Gadsden that we don't know if we are coming, going or already gone! It is such an exciting time for us, knowing that everything we are working hard for will soon come to fruition. I want to take a moment to fill you in on all that is going on!
Brown Bag Lunch
Home, Garden & Design Show and Santa's Workshop
I bet you all didn't know we are getting ready to host our 2nd Annual Home, Garden and Design Show and Santa's Workshop did you? If you or someone you love has some how missed all my previous posts, let me fill you in now!
This is our BIGGEST fundraising event in Gadsden! For 50 years, Altrusa of Gadsden has hosted an Annual Antique Show. As times have changed, so have we. So in 2018 we launched our first Home, Garden, & Design Show. We had over sixty vendors at this event and had over 1,500 visitors through our doors! With so much success last year, we immediately decided that we wanted to it all again this year. So, 01-02 November 2019, we will again open our doors for the 2nd Annual Home, Garden, & Design Show. This event will be held again at The Venue at Coosa Landing. Now, I know there are the football fans out there who are thinking "My team is playing, no way am I going to go!". Well, guess what? We thought of you also! Long Furniture will have the stage at The Venue set up with stadium seating and will be broadcasting the game(s) through out The Venue! So come out and kick back and enjoy the game on the big screens.
We also decided to do things a bit different this year...call us crazy....no really, we are crazy...this year, it is TWO SHOWS in one! That is right! While the Home Show will be going on in the Main Hall at The Venue, we will be hosting our first annual Santa's Workshop in the Meeting Halls right next door! Santa's Workshop will have a host of vendors from throughout the area including Pink Zebra, The Atticy Collection, Pampered Chef, and so many more! We have a vendor selling custom made Christmas ornaments, children's books and...we are going to have SANTA! He is make a drip down extra early for us this year in order to be with us. More Than A Memory Photography will be on hand to take photos with Santa, so this will be an awesome time to get your Holiday Photos taken and marked off the "To Do List".
Separating the event will be Candy Cane Lane which will feature a variety of food vendors including Momo's Cakes and Tea Town Alabama. There will be something for every sweet tooth for sure!
What can you do!?!
Curios as to how you can help during this hectic time at Altrusa? Well, there are lots of ways you can participate:
1) Don't forget to order your bag lunch! Who knew eating could help?
2) Become a Sponsor! We offer sponsorship's for the show starting at $50.00 and will provide you with a custom banner that we will display through out The Venue during our show. An easy and affordable way for you to promote your business.
3) Become a Vendor! We still have a few spaces left on both sides of the show and we offer very competitive rates for booth spaces.
4) Attend the Shows! Come shop, dine, and enjoy the game! Show dates are 01-02 November doors opening from 9 AM to 6 PM. Tickets will be on sale for $10.00 and gains access to both shows.
5) Become a Member! We are always open to new members here at Altrusa International Inc of Gadsden and we love to teach people more about what we do. So if you are looking for a good way to volunteer your time, we are happy to have you join us!
So if any of the above seems interesting to you, then send us a shout out, we would love to hear from you!
I am Scott Browning and I am the newest member of Altrusa International of Gadsden, however, I have been a volunteer of theirs for a while now. I became a member because I wanted to do something to give back to my community. I look forward to what I can contribute to the club my many talents and time.